Happy Veterans Day to all the current soldiers who serve our great country! Your sacrifice is greatly appreciated and we would like to offer our help by continuing to build great communities within sports which we hope can expand to the military as well!
Have a great week!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
We encourage you to give generously to allow us to work to make meaningful change and to support the many organizations that are doing terrific work in this space. Please click below to make your donation.
Help support all of our work and initiatives by becoming an insider of the Sports Philanthropy Network or making a donation to support these specific initiatives.
MLB and WNBA Organizational Spotlights featured this week:
SPORTS PHILANTHROPY WORLD
Sports Philanthropy World 2021 was held virtually on June 28-29, 2021. Building on the success of 2020’s virtual event, we had a fantastic response with organizations from around the world.
We are hopeful that 2022 will be a LIVE event. Watch this space for upcoming news and announcements about dates and location!
In 2021, we were privileged to have keynote presentations from:
- Former NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue
- Diahann Billings-Burford, CEO, RISE
- Richard Jaffe, Co-Owner, Phoenix Suns
- Kim Davis, Executive Vice President, NHL
- Richard Lapchick, Founder, The Institute for Diversity and Ethics in Sports
- Jusuf Nurkic, Portland Trail Blazers
- Kojo Annan, Vector Innovation Fund
- Marc Pollick, Giving Back Fund
- Danny Hughes, Entrepreneur
- Devean George, former NBA player, founder, Building Blocks
- David Meltzer, CEO, Sports 1 Marketing
We had over 70 sessions spread across the Main Stage, 7 program tracks and small group workshops.
SPORTS PHILANTHROPY SOCIAL MEDIA
Stay connected with Sports Philanthropy Network by following our social media accounts:
NEWS FOR THE WEEK
TOP STORIES FROM WEEK ENDING November 15, 2021
- November 15, 2021 — AIS Secures $44 Million Grant for Retired Athletes
- November 15, 2021 — 125th Boston Marathon Raises $26.6 Million for Area Non-Profits
- November 15, 2021 — Special Olympics Inc. partners with Smartsheet to unlock collaboration
- November 14, 2021 — UTSA Men’s Basketball team to host multi team event Monday-Wednesday
- November 13, 2021 — Outdoor Adventure Camp helps Special Olympics athletes learn new skills, refine old ones
- November 13, 2021 — $10 Million Williams Gift to support football facility
- November 13, 2021 — Detroit Community Christian College gives football players 2nd chance
- November 12, 2021 — Carolina Panthers name Gray Stone, North Stanly athletes Community Captains
- November 11, 2021 — Veterans Day: How Soldiers to Sidelines gives vets new life in sports
- November 11, 2021 — Kentucky Guard TyTy Washington Launches Non-Profit Organization to give back to two communities
- November 11, 2021 — 16th Sallarulo’s Race for Champions raises $400k for Special Olympians
- November 11, 2021 — Athletic Directors, Female Coaches working for Equity in High School Sports
- November 10, 2021 — Cooper Kupp and the Los Angeles Rams team up with Top Chef Steve Samson to raise nearly $250,000 to tackle hunger in Los Angeles County
- November 10, 2021 — FASANOC hosts Athletes and Communities Engagement workshop
- November 10, 2021 — SDSU Student-Athletes lend a hand in helping thousands of people over 5 states
- November 10, 2021 — Max Holloway named 2021 recipient of Forrest Griffin Community Award
- November 9, 2021 — U.S. Army captain focuses on supporting veterans, athletes at Atlantic Cape
- November 9, 2021 — Athletes in a Ravaged Louisiana town try to run back to normalcy
- November 9, 2021 — DICK’S Sporting Goods and the DICK’S Sporting Goods foundation deliver the #GiftOfSport to 10,000 youth athletes on 8-City Holiday Tour
- November 9, 2021 — Bronco lineman recognized among student-athletes in nation