Hard to believe that we are already in November. We hope you got some great treats over the weekend. As we head into the holiday season, we ask that you consider making a donation to the Sports Philanthropy Network to help us build stronger, healthier and more inclusive communities through sports!
Have a great week!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
We encourage you to give generously to allow us to work to make meaningful change and to support the many organizations that are doing terrific work in this space. Please click below to make your donation.
Help support all of our work and initiatives by becoming an insider of the Sports Philanthropy Network or making a donation to support these specific initiatives.
MLB and WNBA Organizational Spotlights featured this week:
SPORTS PHILANTHROPY WORLD
Sports Philanthropy World 2021 was held virtually on June 28-29, 2021. Building on the success of 2020’s virtual event, we had a fantastic response with organizations from around the world.
We are hopeful that 2022 will be a LIVE event. Watch this space for upcoming news and announcements about dates and location!
In 2021, we were privileged to have keynote presentations from:
- Former NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue
- Diahann Billings-Burford, CEO, RISE
- Richard Jaffe, Co-Owner, Phoenix Suns
- Kim Davis, Executive Vice President, NHL
- Richard Lapchick, Founder, The Institute for Diversity and Ethics in Sports
- Jusuf Nurkic, Portland Trail Blazers
- Kojo Annan, Vector Innovation Fund
- Marc Pollick, Giving Back Fund
- Danny Hughes, Entrepreneur
- Devean George, former NBA player, founder, Building Blocks
- David Meltzer, CEO, Sports 1 Marketing
We had over 70 sessions spread across the Main Stage, 7 program tracks and small group workshops.
SPORTS PHILANTHROPY SOCIAL MEDIA
Stay connected with Sports Philanthropy Network by following our social media accounts:
NEWS FOR THE WEEK
TOP STORIES FROM WEEK ENDING November 1, 2021
- November 1, 2021 — The Milwaukee Bucks, Fiserv and Nancy Liberman charities donate Sherman Park dream court
- November 1, 2021 — East L.A. Classic helps a community heal amid COVID hardships
- November 1, 2021 — Auburn, PNC launch PNC achievers collegiate recognition program
- October 31, 2021 — Steelers’ James Washington works to feed communities while teaching kids how to grow their own food
- October 31, 2021 — Mountaineer Brewfest donates $30K to a special wish foundation
- October 31, 2021 — Klarbrunn’s exclusive Wisconsin flavor raises $50K for Badgers Give Back Program
- October 30, 2021 — With assist from Shaq, Doolittle center’s outdoor courts ready for prime time
- October 29, 2021 — National initiative to grow youth soccer in Black communities kicks off in Detroit
- October 29, 2021 — Community Hero Ticket Program Announced for Razorback Gymnastics
- October 28, 2021 — Allstate Sugar Bowl donates $125,000 to second harvest food bank
- October 28, 2021 — Santa Cruz Warriors are teaming up to fight hunger in Bay Area
- October 28, 2021 — Josh Kraft helps UMass Boston Sports Leadership Program expand opportunities
- October 28, 2021 — Academy sports + Outdoors contributes over $100,000 to local communities on National First Responders Day
- October 28, 2021 — Xavier teams with Brandr to help athletes with NIL deals
- October 27, 2021 — MLB, Astros fund Women’s Center play yard
- October 27, 2021 — Nelson Cruz wins MLB’s Roberto Clemente award for philanthropy
- October 27, 2021 — Field Hockey, Football, and Soccer teams fund raise for Breast Cancer Awareness
- October 27, 2021 — CHALLENGED ATHLETES FOUNDATION Raises over $3.5M for Individuals with physical challenges at CAF community weekend
- October 27, 2021 — Maine Masons to help fund travel for Special Olympic athletes
- October 26, 2021 — Downtown Boxing Gym to unveil outside sports complex on Detroit’s east side
- October 26, 2021 — Alabama A&M students give back to James A. Lane Boys and Girls club
- October 26, 2021 — Nona Lee’s role with Diamondbacks leads to more diversity, inclusion
- November 3, 2021 — United Champions for change charity golf tournament
- November 4, 2021–SPN Minneapolis Happy Hour
- November 11, 2021 — First Tee — Greater Chicago Presents: TASTE 2021
- November 16, 2021–Special Olympics Illinois Evening Reception
- December 10, 2021 — Tyreek Hill Family Foundation Gala
- December 14, 2021 — 2021 Esports Travel Summit