Sports Philanthropy World Early Bird
Expires October 11, 2020
We are excited to confirm that Troy Vincent, Executive VP of the NFL as one of our Main Stage panelists on the Leagues and Teams Panel at Sports Philanthropy World. At press time, we have over 225 participants representing 30 states and 24 countries.
This morning we launched our POP Pitch initiative. POP is an acronym for Power Of Purpose. Nonprofits are going to be given a special opportunity to present their program to philanthropists and funders who will provide immediate feedback on their pitch. Five selected organizations will get this opportunity to compete in addition to FREE coaching sessions.
The lineup for Sports Philanthropy World has been posted on our site and you can see the complete details and timeline for each of our seven tracks of programming.
In case you missed our Sports Philanthropy Town Hall on Racism, Tolerance and Reform on July 1st, you can now watch the videos! Please make sure to take our survey after you watch the videos!!
REPORT ON STATEMENTS ABOUT RACISM
In addition to the Town Hall meeting, we also released our comprehensive report which compiles all of the statements teams, leagues and sports organizations made about their efforts to condemn racism and their actions to combat racism.
Our goal is to spotlight those commitments, as well as find a way to track how well these organizations were able to follow through on their promises. We hope all of you will support and encourage organizations in your community to live up to the commitments.
We encourage you to give generously to allow us to work to make meaningful change and to support the many organizations that are doing terrific work in this space. Please click below to make your donation
Help support all of our work and initiatives by becoming an Insider of the Sports Philanthropy Network or making a donation to support these specific initiatives.
Since many states are opening up operations, we adjusted our schedule going forward. We are happy that we were able to serve so many organizations during the initial stages of the COVID-19 crisis and we look forward to having you as part of our Network.
- Webinars every Wednesday at 11 am ET/10 CT/9 MT/8 PT
- COVID-19 Sports Resource Page
- Combat Racism Resource Page (Coming Soon)
- Sports Philanthropy Podcast will be released every Tuesday, and Thursday
Check out our resource page which has lessons, tips, ideas and links to organizations that are offering free resources and free consultations to help through this difficult time. We hope you take advantage of these resources!
Roy Kessel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Join our host Roy Kessel each week for the Sports Philanthropy Podcast.
Our Podcasts will be released every Tuesday and Thursday
To stay connected with the Sports Philanthropy Network follow our social media accounts
- Facebook: @SportsPhilanthropy
- Instagram: sportsphilanthropy
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/sportsphilanthropynetwork/
- Twitter: @SportsPhilanNet
- Youtube: Sports Philanthropy Network
TOP STORIES FROM WEEK ENDING SEPTEMBER 27, 2020
- October 5, 2020–Sports Philanthropy World 2020: Early Bird Registration until October 11th
- October 4, 2020–Megan Bartlett; Coach Training on Zoom
- October 4, 2020–COVID-19 outbreaks reported at 3 more CSU fraternities and a local youth sports program
- October 4, 2020–Challenged Athletes Foundation; Grants
- October 4, 2020–USABA Named Winner of 2020 Robert Wood Johnson Sports Award
- October 4, 2020–Triathlete Diego Méntrida praised for act of sportsmanship after allowing rival to finish third
- October 4, 2020–Special Olympics Chicago athletes gather virtually for online cooking class: ‘It became a family thing’
- October 3, 2020–Vie invites the world to Play for Good™
- October 3, 2020–Nova Scotia Hockey Diversity and Inclusion Survey
- October 2, 2020–Laureus Sport for Good at Concordia 2020 – ‘Athletes as Champions of Social Change’
- October 2, 2020–Opportunities with The Pittsburgh Penguins Foundation
- October 2, 2020–The NFL created Crucial Catch because early cancer detection can save lives
- October 2, 2020–Simons Heart: Sudden Cardiac Arrest Awareness Month
- October 2, 2020–Youth Sports Coach With Covid Ignores Warnings, Infects others, Refuses to Cooperate
- October 1, 2020–Watch an Intimate Conversation Between Powerful Women Leaders in Sports
- October 1, 2020–Jets, Atlantic Health System to Fight Pediatric Cancer as Part of the NFL’s ‘Crucial Catch: Intercept Cancer’ Campaign
- October 1, 2020–Our Issue: We all have a role in fighting sexual assault
- October 1, 2020–Aspen Institute New Speakers Added: Adam Silver, Vince Carter, Jimmy Pitaro, and Chiney Ogwumike
- October 1, 2020–The Wallace Foundation
- October 1, 2020–A Guide Toward Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) in Data Collection
- October 1, 2020–Allen Robinson’s Within Reach Foundation
- October 1, 2020–The Sports Industry’s Gen Z Problem
- October 1, 2020–Developing a Fundraising Video for Nonprofits
- October 1, 2020–It’s time to expand our perspectives and conversations in fundraising
- September 29, 2020–San Jose State University Webinar — Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA): Reflections on the last 30 years of people with disabilities in sport
- September 29, 2020–The Aspen Institute; Project Play; Summit 2020
- September 28, 2020–One-on-one with Titans GM Jon Robinson on Titans’ gender diversity efforts
- September 28, 2020–Optimizing the Post-COVID Fan Experience
- September 28, 2020–Billie Jean King: This is a powerful moment for athletes creating change through sports
- September 28, 2020–SPN Podcast: S3:E14-Darren Tessitore, Drug Free World
- September 27, 2020–Rodney McLeod NFLPA Community MVP
- September 27, 2020–First Tee Greater Chicago Spotlight
- September 27, 2020–Cheerleading has a list of people banned from the sport. It was missing 74 convicted sex offenders
- September 27, 2020–Special Olympics Chicago Family Bowling
- September 27, 2020–Miami Dolphins Food Relief Program
- September 27, 2020–Children’s cardiomyopathy: What you need to know
- September 26, 2020–Imerman Angels Virtual Gala
- September 26, 2020–United States Association of Blind Athletes, Jake Olsen
- September 26, 2020–Race, Sport & Social Change: Learning with Team USA, Tickets
- September 26, 2020–Richard Sherman and the work of a modern athlete
- September 25, 2020–The 76ers display their leadership diversity and focus on branding by naming women to head marketing and revenue
- September 25, 2020–How can sport be used to address challenges faced by refugees?
- September 25, 2020–Beyond Sports House From Home 2020
- September 25, 2020–San Jose Sharks Voter HQ
- September 25, 2020–Get Uncomfortable Campaign
- September 25, 2020–Miami Marlins Foundation
- September 25, 2020–HBCU Week Foundation
- September 25, 2020–Former NFL Players Getting out the Vote in Communities
- September 25, 2020–US Open Art Exhibit
- September 25, 2020–Optimizing the Post-COVID Fan Experience
- September 25, 2020–Ron Jaworski Jaws Youth Playbook Bike Drive
- September 24, 2020–SPN Podcast: S3:E13-Aron Levinson, Baseball Humanitarian
- September 24, 2020–Understanding the Pain and Trauma of Black America
- September 23, 2020–The Winning Element, with Mindset Performance Coach Deanna Schneyer
- September 23, 2020–MBA Student Erik Robeznieks Aims to Make Collegiate Sports More Inclusive
- September 23, 2020–Brent Sopel: Here to Change the World
- September 22, 2020–Kids and Masks
- September 21, 2020–The Aspen Institute Project Play Summit 2020
- September 21, 2020–National Alliance for Youth Sports Virtual Congress
- September 21, 2020–MLB, MLBPA commit $10M for programs aimed at increasing Black participation
MOTIVATION FOR THE WEEK
HUMOR FOR THE WEEK
Make sure to email your events to Roy Kessel at email@example.com so we can include them in our Sports Philanthropy Event Calendar!
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our expectation is that most events will be cancelled. We encourage you to check with the individual organizations to determine whether events will proceed as scheduled.
Once we receive information about new dates, we will update them in our event calendar.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!
GIVE TO THE WORLD!