Congratulations to the Houston Astros and Atlanta Braves for advancing to the World Series! The NBA launched is 75th season by announcing the 75 greatest players of all-time. With college football, the NFL, NHL, MLS and NWSL all in full swing, we have a hectic sports calendar.
Have a great week!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
We encourage you to give generously to allow us to work to make meaningful change and to support the many organizations that are doing terrific work in this space. Please click below to make your donation.
Help support all of our work and initiatives by becoming an insider of the Sports Philanthropy Network or making a donation to support these specific initiatives.
MLB and WNBA Organizational Spotlights featured this week:
SPORTS PHILANTHROPY WORLD
Sports Philanthropy World 2021 was held virtually on June 28-29, 2021. Building on the success of 2020’s virtual event, we had a fantastic response with organizations from around the world.
We are hopeful that 2022 will be a LIVE event. Watch this space for upcoming news and announcements about dates and location!
In 2021, we were privileged to have keynote presentations from:
- Former NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue
- Diahann Billings-Burford, CEO, RISE
- Richard Jaffe, Co-Owner, Phoenix Suns
- Kim Davis, Executive Vice President, NHL
- Richard Lapchick, Founder, The Institute for Diversity and Ethics in Sports
- Jusuf Nurkic, Portland Trail Blazers
- Kojo Annan, Vector Innovation Fund
- Marc Pollick, Giving Back Fund
- Danny Hughes, Entrepreneur
- Devean George, former NBA player, founder, Building Blocks
- David Meltzer, CEO, Sports 1 Marketing
We had over 70 sessions spread across the Main Stage, 7 program tracks and small group workshops.
To watch videos of our sessions and see more details about Sports Philanthropy World 2021, please visit our main Sports Philanthropy World page here.
SPORTS PHILANTHROPY SOCIAL MEDIA
Stay connected with Sports Philanthropy Network by following our social media accounts:
NEWS FOR THE WEEK
TOP STORIES FROM WEEK ENDING October 25, 2021
- October 25, 2021 — Cardinals TE Zach Ertz to give 5,000 meals per TD to Arizona food banks
- October 25, 2021 — Former Bronco DeMarcus Ware helps aspiring teen sports photographer achieve his dreams
- October 25, 2021 — Run for it virtual event raises $258K
- October 24, 2021 — Retired NFL player Lorenzo Alexander helps young people around Phoenix and Arcadia
- October 23, 2021 — Group starts fund to help Dawson County cancer patients/families
- October 22, 2021 — FBI identifies multiple victims of sexual abuse by Connecticut girl’s AAU basketball coach Danny Hawhorn
- October 22, 2021 — ISU alumni makes $300,000 commitment to Sycamore Athletics
- October 22, 2021 — Brett Hundley named this week’s NFLPA community MVP
- October 22, 2021 — Athletics Department Partakes in NCAA Diversity and Inclusion Social Media Campaign
- October 22, 2021 — Adidas teams up with black women’s player collective to help retain black girls in sports
- October 22, 2021 — Suns Owner Robert Sarver “shocked” by accusations of racism, sexism
- October 21, 2021 — Dolphins score big in helping others
- October 21, 2021 — Eos Fitness raises over $100,000 for Challenged Athletes Foundation
- October 21, 2021 — Local triathlete is competing for change at Herbalife24 Triathlon
- October 21, 2021 — A soccer for success Innovation
- October 21, 2021 — Mental Health Awareness Week 2021 Highlights
- October 20, 2021 — Gophers set to celebrate 50 years of women’s sports throughout the season
- October 20, 2021 — Institutional change needed in NWSL after abuse allegations, says Interim CEO
- October 19, 2021 — CHARACTER PLAYBOOK, presented by the NFL and United Way has reached 1 million students
- October 18, 2021 — New Technology offers anonymous way to report abuse, doping in sports
- October 18, 2021 — USADA teams with company to provide whistleblowers anonymous way to report sex abuse, doping complaints
- October 18, 2021 — Jimmy Hayes’ family hopes sharing his story ‘can save someone’s life’ after fentanyl contributed to former NHL player’s sudden death
- October 18, 2021 — NCAA task force recommends removing minimum standardized test scores in efforts to advance racial equity
- October 28, 2021 — October GW Industry Insider Call — Paralympics Panel
- October 28, 2021–SPN Milwaukee Happy Hour
- October 29, 2021–Development and Fundraising Mastermind
- November 4, 2021–SPN Minneapolis Happy Hour
- November 16, 2021–Special Olympics Illinois Evening Reception
- December 10, 2021 — Tyreek Hill Family Foundation Gala
MOTIVATION FOR THE WEEK
HUMOR FOR THE WEEK
Check out our Job Board to find new and exciting job opportunities!
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit a job opening.