Sports Philanthropy World One Week Away
Great speakers are being added every day. Today, we confirmed Benita Fitzgerald Mosley, League Apps, a Gold Medal winner and former CEO of Laureus USA, as well as Renata Simril, CEO/President of the LA84 Foundation.
Previsously we announced former NFL Running Back Warrick Dunn will join us for the Opening Keynote and a special conversation with Darrin Gray, CMO of Athletes in Action. After a career with Tampa Bay and Atlanta, Warrick has been one of the leaders and role models demonstrating how great of an impact athletes can have by using their fame, skills and business relationships for the power of good.
In addition, Troy Vincent, Executive VP of the NFL will be one of our Main Stage panelists on the Leagues and Teams Panel at Sports Philanthropy World. At press time, we have over 350 participants representing 34 states and 29 countries and 253 organizations.
Last week we launched our POP Pitch initiative. POP is an acronym for Power Of Purpose. Nonprofits are going to be given a special opportunity to present their program to to judges who will provide immediate feedback on their pitch. Selected organizations will get this opportunity to compete in addition to FREE coaching sessions. In addition, we will help them establish a crowd-sourced fund raising initiative to support their cause.
The lineup for Sports Philanthropy World has been posted on our site and you can see the complete details and timeline for each of our seven tracks of programming.
In case you missed our Sports Philanthropy Town Hall on Racism, Tolerance and Reform on July 1st, you can now watch the videos! Please make sure to take our survey after you watch the videos!!
REPORT ON STATEMENTS ABOUT RACISM
In addition to the Town Hall meeting, we also released our comprehensive report which compiles all of the statements teams, leagues and sports organizations made about their efforts to condemn racism and their actions to combat racism.
Our goal is to spotlight those commitments, as well as find a way to track how well these organizations were able to follow through on their promises. We hope all of you will support and encourage organizations in your community to live up to the commitments.
We encourage you to give generously to allow us to work to make meaningful change and to support the many organizations that are doing terrific work in this space. Please click below to make your donation
Help support all of our work and initiatives by becoming an Insider of the Sports Philanthropy Network or making a donation to support these specific initiatives.
Check out our resource page which has lessons, tips, ideas and links to organizations that are offering free resources and free consultations to help through this difficult time. We hope you take advantage of these resources!
Roy Kessel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Join our host Roy Kessel each week for the Sports Philanthropy Podcast.
Our Podcasts will be released every Tuesday and Thursday
To stay connected with the Sports Philanthropy Network follow our social media accounts
- Facebook: @SportsPhilanthropy
- Instagram: sportsphilanthropy
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/sportsphilanthropynetwork/
- Twitter: @SportsPhilanNet
- Youtube: Sports Philanthropy Network
TOP STORIES FROM WEEK ENDING OCTOBER 19, 2020
- October 18, 2020–Join Our Pop-Pitch Competition; Applications due October 19th at 11:59 CT (Chicago)
- October 18, 2020–Sports Philanthropy World
- October 18, 2020–Sports Philanthropy Network October Newsletter
- October 18, 2020–Travis Kelce Announces ‘Ignition Lab’ for Underserved Teens in Kansas City
- October 17, 2020–Chicago Foundation for Women, 2020 Virtual Girls’ Summit
- October 17, 2020–Announcing Jen Welter, First Female NFL Coach, on the Main Stage at Sports Philanthropy World 2020
- October 17, 2020–SPN Podcast: S3:E17–Kathy McAllister, GOALS Haiti
- October 17, 2020–Former Running Back Matthew Lawrence Joins Legacy After the Locker Room Podcast
- October 17, 2020–NCAA executive: College sports’ financial woes could last into 2023
- October 17, 2020–Former Stanley Cup Champ Brent Sopel is Here to Change the World
- October 17, 2020–Chiney Ogwumike at Project Play Summit 2020
- October 16, 2020–Michael Lewis on How the Youth Sports Travel Market is Broken–Project Play Summit 2020
- October 16, 2020–Tackle Can Wait–The Shorty Awards
- October 16, 2020–Black Women in Sport: Voices of Resistance and Athlete Activism
- October 16, 2020–Matthew Lawrence in the Community
- October 16, 2020–Announcing Diahann Billings-Burford, CEO of Rise to Win, as a Keynote Speaker for Sports Philanthropy World 2020
- October 15, 2020–Track The Return to Sports in Your State
- October 15, 2020–Life Beyond Sport Podcast With Former NFL Safety and Pro Football Hall of Famer Brian Dawkins
- October 15, 2020–How the PFA is helping to address the shortage of diversity in football’s boardrooms
- October 15, 2020–Laurie Hernandez to kids: Trust your gut if emotionally abused by coach
- October 14, 2020–Athletics retailers advertise diversity, but does their leadership reflect it?
- October 14, 2020–‘Everything Is Closed Down.’ The Lack of Youth Sports Is a Crisis.
- October 14, 2020–Rising to the Occasion: How the Los Angeles Dodgers and Atlanta Braves are hitting home runs in their communities
- October 14, 2020–Fourth Addition of Social Issues in Sport
- October 14, 2020–Former Coalition Chair to Lead Board of Football Beyond Borders
- October 14, 2020–Pro athletes: Here’s how schools can help underserved kids play sports
- October 13, 2020–Laureus USA–Funding Opportunity in New Orleans
- October 13, 2020–Early Walker Shares His Insights on the Importance of Philanthropy and CSR
- October 13, 2020–Is This Still Soccer?
- October 13, 2020–Peace and Sport Awards 2020
- October 13, 2020–Colleges Are Cutting Varsity Sports. That Could Be a Good Thing
- October 13, 2020–‘Black Lives Matter, people’: How the NBA’s social justice efforts dominated the season
- October 13, 2020–Dr. Jen Fraser–Toughening Athletes Up for a Tough World or Harming Their Brains?
- October 13, 2020–Players Coalition–Coalition Conversations: New Orleans District Attorney Candidates
- October 13, 2020–Welcome To Project Play’s Teamwork Toolkit
- October 13, 2020–NBA commissioner: Prioritize physical, mental health in youth sports
- October 13, 2020–Allen Robinson’s An Evening Within Reach–October 19th
MOTIVATION FOR THE WEEK
HUMOR FOR THE WEEK
Make sure to email your events to Roy Kessel at email@example.com so we can include them in our Sports Philanthropy Event Calendar!
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our expectation is that most events will be cancelled. We encourage you to check with the individual organizations to determine whether events will proceed as scheduled.
Once we receive information about new dates, we will update them in our event calendar.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!
GIVE TO THE WORLD!