Sports Philanthropy World Starts in Two Weeks
We are excited to confirm that former NFL Running Back Warrick Dunn will join us for the Opening Keynote and a special conversation with Darrin Gray, CMO of Athletes in Action. After a career with Tampa Bay and Atlanta, Warrick has been one of the leaders and role models demonstrating how great of an impact athletes can have by using their fame, skills and business relationships for the power of good.
In addition, Troy Vincent, Executive VP of the NFL will be one of our Main Stage panelists on the Leagues and Teams Panel at Sports Philanthropy World. At press time, we have over 315 participants representing 33 states and 27 countries and 203 organizations.
Last week we launched our POP Pitch initiative. POP is an acronym for Power Of Purpose. Nonprofits are going to be given a special opportunity to present their program to to judges who will provide immediate feedback on their pitch. Five selected organizations will get this opportunity to compete in addition to FREE coaching sessions. In addition, we will help them establish a crowd-sourced fund raising initiative to support their cause.
The lineup for Sports Philanthropy World has been posted on our site and you can see the complete details and timeline for each of our seven tracks of programming.
In case you missed our Sports Philanthropy Town Hall on Racism, Tolerance and Reform on July 1st, you can now watch the videos! Please make sure to take our survey after you watch the videos!!
REPORT ON STATEMENTS ABOUT RACISM
In addition to the Town Hall meeting, we also released our comprehensive report which compiles all of the statements teams, leagues and sports organizations made about their efforts to condemn racism and their actions to combat racism.
Our goal is to spotlight those commitments, as well as find a way to track how well these organizations were able to follow through on their promises. We hope all of you will support and encourage organizations in your community to live up to the commitments.
We encourage you to give generously to allow us to work to make meaningful change and to support the many organizations that are doing terrific work in this space. Please click below to make your donation
Help support all of our work and initiatives by becoming an Insider of the Sports Philanthropy Network or making a donation to support these specific initiatives.
Check out our resource page which has lessons, tips, ideas and links to organizations that are offering free resources and free consultations to help through this difficult time. We hope you take advantage of these resources!
Roy Kessel (email@example.com)
Join our host Roy Kessel each week for the Sports Philanthropy Podcast.
Our Podcasts will be released every Tuesday and Thursday
To stay connected with the Sports Philanthropy Network follow our social media accounts
- Facebook: @SportsPhilanthropy
- Instagram: sportsphilanthropy
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/sportsphilanthropynetwork/
- Twitter: @SportsPhilanNet
- Youtube: Sports Philanthropy Network
TOP STORIES FROM WEEK ENDING OCTOBER 12, 2020
- October 12, 2020–Join Our Pop-Pitch Competition; Applications due October 19th at 11:59 CT (Chicago)
- October 12, 2020–Sports Philanthropy World
- October 12, 2020–Aspen Institute 2020 Summit Featured Speakers: Alex Morgan, Michael Lewis, Crystal Dunn, Jefferey Hammonds
- October 11, 2020–SPN Podcast: S3:E16–Sarah Dwyer-Shick, The Sports Bra Project
- October 11, 2020–Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation Spotlight
- October 11, 2020–National Coming Out Day: Coming out during a pandemic
- October 11, 2020–Aspen Institute: This is Winning-Calls for Coaches
- October 11, 2020–Track Laps for Charity
- October 11, 2020–Virtual Girls Summit 2020
- October 10, 2020–School is by Zoom, but High School Football is on the Field
- October 10, 2020–DC Scores Spotlight
- October 10, 2020–San Francisco 49ers and Santa Clara Unified School District Team Up to Tackle the Digital Divide
- October 10, 2020–Youth Sports Congress session: Purpose-Based Recognition
- October 10, 2020–Heat and Miami Police Department Expand Ground-Breaking Training Program
- October 10, 2020–National Domestic Violence Hotline
- October 10, 2020–Announcing Warrick Dunn as Opening Keynote for Sports Philanthropy World
- October 9, 2020–Engagement and Insight Officer – Sport for Development Coalition
- October 9, 2020–Sport Positive Summit Highlights Powerful Role of Sport in Addressing Climate Change
- October 9, 2020–Organizations And Celebrities Around The World Unite For Eyesight, And Read You Bedtime Stories
- October 9, 2020–Using Virtual Events to Change the World Through Sport
- October 8, 2020–Canadian Women & Sport Launching Gender Equity Assessment Tool and Action Planning Service
- October 8, 2020–Homers for Heroes Foundation by Pete Alonso
- October 8, 2020–Youth Sport Trust Support Scheme to Meet Demand for Inclusive Sport
- October 8, 2020–Using Play to Foster Social Connections and Physical Activity
- October 8, 2020–A New Future for Health
- October 8, 2020–Kyle Rudolph Surprises 7-Year-Old Cancer Survivor
- October 8, 2020–The Aspen Institute Project Play: State of Play 2020
- October 8, 2020–Black Women’s Athletic Activism: Past, Present, and Future
- October 8, 2020–Institute for the Study of Sport, Society and Social Change 2020 Conference: Dream with Your Eyes Open
- October 7, 2020–‘Golden shovel’ passed to Tampa Bay Super Bowl host committee for community greening program
- October 7th, 2020–SPN Podcast: S3:E15-Ricky Volante, CEO Professional Collegiate League Basketball
- October 6, 2020–Faith Fight Finish Foundation by Dak Prescott
- October 6, 2020–Football Players Outside NFL Form Advocacy Group for Benefits, Transparency
- October 6, 2020–Former Eagles wide receiver Torrey Smith part of group seeking to amplify Athletes’ Voices
- October 6, 2020–Eight Australian sports commit to implementing inclusion measures for transgender athletes
- October 6, 2020–Saturday Night In Virtual Gala Hosted by Special Olympics Illinois
- October 6, 2020–Excited to Confirm NFL Executive VP Troy Vincent on the Main Stage at Sport Philanthropy World October 26-27
- October 6, 2020–Faith, family and football
- October 6, 2020–Laureus USA, Pro Teams and Star Athletes Challenge Youth, Families to Get Out and Play with National Sport for Good Day
- October 5, 2020–Dolphins Cancer Challenge 10 raised $6.2 million for Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center for innovative cancer research
- October 5, 2020–Raiders’ Darren Waller Gets Shoutout from Lil’ Wayne
- October 5, 2020–Why I Won’t Stick To Sports: Kamal-Craig Golaube
- October 5, 2020–Coach Deion Sanders & Jackson State Make Offer to Top High School Football Prospect and LSU Commit, Khamauri Rogers!
- October 5, 2020–Olympic Gymnast Recalls Emotional Abuse ‘So Twisted That I Thought It Couldn’t Be Real’
- October 4, 2020–Megan Bartlett; Coach Training on Zoom
- October 4, 2020–COVID-19 outbreaks reported at 3 more CSU fraternities and a local youth sports program
- October 4, 2020–Challenged Athletes Foundation; Grants
- October 4, 2020–USABA Named Winner of 2020 Robert Wood Johnson Sports Award
MOTIVATION FOR THE WEEK
HUMOR FOR THE WEEK
Make sure to email your events to Roy Kessel at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can include them in our Sports Philanthropy Event Calendar!
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our expectation is that most events will be cancelled. We encourage you to check with the individual organizations to determine whether events will proceed as scheduled.
Once we receive information about new dates, we will update them in our event calendar.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!
GIVE TO THE WORLD!