We hope that you enjoyed your New Year and got some well deserved rest over the holidays. We are very excited about 2020 and the tremendous interest and growth of the Sports Philanthropy Network. The first six weeks of the year are always very busy with coaches conventions, the Senior Bowl, the Pro Bowl, the Super Bowl and the NBA and NHL All-Star games.
One change we have made for 2020 is to switch the release of the Sports Philanthropy Newsstands to Monday mornings so that you can get your full array of sports philanthropy news to start off your week on a positive frame of mind.
As always, we would love to include interesting articles you see and news about your organization. Please email that information to Roy Kessel at News@SportsLoop.com. We want to highlight the great work that you are doing in your community and share that with our network!
Registration is open for Sports Philanthropy WORLD 2020! Don’t miss this great opportunity
We have a special EARLY BIRD rate valid which expires March 31, 2020. We look forward to having you join us for this fantastic event.
- January 4, 2020–Chicago Adult Hockey League, Shut Out Diabetes
- January 13, 2020–Caddy for a Cure LIberty Mutual Invitational
- January 16, 2020–Dare2Tri Kickoff Party
- January 18, 2020–Soul Cycle Ride for Good
- January 21, 2020–Keshet Buddy Basketball Game
- January 25, 2020–Rockford Ice Hogs Autism Awareness Night
- January 25, 2020–Windy City Bulls Deaf Awareness Night
- February 7, 2020–Chicago Blackhawks Foundation WInterfest
- February 8, 2020–Simon’s Heart–Simon’s Soiree
Make sure to email your events to Roy Kessel at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can make sure that they are included!
SUPER BOWL 54 EVENT CALENDAR
Join our host Roy Kessel each week for the Sports Philanthropy Podcast
TOP STORIES FROM WEEK ENDING JANUARY 5, 2020
- January 5, 2020–Dare2Tri hosts January 16th Kickoff Party
- January 4, 2020–NYG Eli Manning Wins Bart Starr Award
- January 3, 2020–NCAA Coach’s Advice: You need to let kids fail
- January 2, 2020–How Participation Trophies are Making Our Kids Soft
- January 2, 2020–Cully’s Kids donates $1 million to children’s care
- January 2, 2020–Atlanta Hawks hope All-girls clinic will help grow game
- January 1, 2020–Keshet to Host Buddy Basketball at Northwestern’s Welsh-Ryan Areana on January 21st
- December 31, 2019–20 Ways to be a Happier Person in 2020
- December 31, 2019–Former Colt Marlin Jackson helps students enjoy Christmas
- December 31, 2019–Tackle What’s Next Year in Review
- December 30, 2019–Jalen Rose’s Tuition Free High School boasts 93% graduation rate
- December 30, 2019–Former Blackhawks Defenseman Opens Up About Dyslexia
- December 30, 2019–List of Free Chicago Museum Days for 2020
- December 29, 2019–Sports Impacts Girls Long After Playing Career is Over
- December 29, 2019–Sports Illustrated Honors Warrick Dunn with Legacy Award
- December 29, 2019–Chicago Adult Hockey League Hosts Shut Out Diabetes on January 4th
- December 28, 2019–NHL’s Tim Thomas details Mental Health issues
- December 28, 2019–Iowa Youth Basketball program gives kids a chance at Youth Sports
- December 27, 2019–North Texas Soccer Playing Trying for Blind Soccer National Team
- December 27, 2019–Dodgers Foundation Grants Record Amounts
MOTIVATION FOR THE WEEK
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!! BE KIND!! GIVE BACK TO THE WORLD!!