As we head into Senior Bowl Week in Mobile, Alabama, we see a lot of excitement building for the Chiefs-Niners Super Bowl. Given the performance of those two teams during the playoffs, we have the makings of a very entertaining game. The last week was a whirlwind of activity as we spent time in Nashville with the AFCA (American Football Coaches Association) and Baltimore with the United Soccer Coaches. It is always impressive to see the dedication of these coaches and how hard they work throughout the year to be prepared for their seasons.
What struck us as a sharp contrast was the significant amount of time and energy the United Soccer Coaches convention dedicated to personal development of the athletes and coaches as well as the professional development skills of the coaches and those individuals charged with running the foundations and fundraising elements of the nonprofit organizations. The AFCA has a long way to go to catch up!
Registration is open for Sports Philanthropy WORLD 2020! Don’t miss this great opportunity
We have a special EARLY BIRD rate valid which expires March 31, 2020. We look forward to having you join us for this fantastic event.
- January 21, 2020–Keshet Buddy Basketball Game
- January 25, 2020–Rockford Ice Hogs Autism Awareness Night
- January 25, 2020–Windy City Bulls Deaf Awareness Night
- February 7, 2020–Chicago Blackhawks Foundation WInterfest
- February 8, 2020–Simon’s Heart–Simon’s Soiree
Make sure to email your events to Roy Kessel at email@example.com so we can make sure that they are included!
SUPER BOWL 54 EVENT CALENDAR
Join our host Roy Kessel each week for the Sports Philanthropy Podcast
TOP STORIES FROM WEEK ENDING JANUARY 19, 2020
- January 19, 2020–Pucks for Autism to Host Inclusion Game April 5th
- January 18, 2020–Windy City Bulls to Host Deaf Awareness Night
- January 18, 2020–Female Fan Nation to host Gathering on the Greens during Super Bowl Week on January 29th
- January 17, 2020–Aspen Institute Mexico creates its own Project Play
- January 17, 2020–Eagles work with sponsors and spectators on sustainability efforts
- January 16, 2020–The Problem with a Lack of Character
- January 16, 2020–Nike to be sponsor of Obama’s Presidential Library with Space to Promote Physical Activity
- January 15, 2020–Girls in Sports More Likely to Drop Out, Good Sports Wants to Change that
- January 15, 2020–Nick Kyrgios rallies players for January 15th match
- January 15, 2020–Vancouver Canuck’s Tyler Motte opens up about struggle with anxiety and depression
- January 14, 2020–Milwaukee Bucks participate in a “Play for Justice” event
- January 13, 2020–Brooklyn Nets Warm Up in “No Place For Hate” Shirts
- January 13, 2020–Malaysia Moves to Upgrade Rural Sports Infrastructure
MOTIVATION FOR THE WEEK
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!! BE KIND!! GIVE BACK TO THE WORLD!!