Listen in to SPN Webinar 25 as Andrew Morton, Handler Thayer, joins the #SportsPhilanthropy Network team to discuss the best way to handle the legal issues that frequently perplex nonprofit organizations.
Here are some of Andrew’s key issues that create problems for nonprofits:
- Lack of understanding of the distinction between Officers and Directors within a nonprofit structure
- Requirements for Charitable Registration
- Concept of partial non-deductibility
- Deductions by donors when funds not paid directly to nonprofit
- Challenges of using a pro-bono legal counsel
- Requirements for raffles, sweepstakes and auctions