A very interactive crowd joined us today for a Town Hall meeting about the State of Adaptive Sports. We were fortunate to be led in the conversation by Doug Garner, University of Texas-Arlington, Michelle Stroud, Dare2tri and Dawna Callahan, All In Sport Consulting.
With participants from across the country, the group addressed many important issues adaptive sports is facing:
- Gaining a stronger voice in the general sports community
- Obtaining greater access to facilities
- Challenges in securing enough coaches
- High costs of adaptive sports equipment
- Need for better education for primary care physicians
- Importance of creating outreach programs for the PT/OT/Rehab Therapy communities
- Desire to expand the number of adaptive sports available
- Collaborating with other youth sports organizations to provide outlet for adaptive sports
- Difficulties in securing enough transportation for practices and events.
- Strong need for networking within the sports and the business communities to raise the profile of adaptive sports
CLICK BELOW TO WATCH THE VIDEO OF THE TOWN HALL MEETING OFF OUR SPORTS PHILANTHROPY NETWORK YOU TUBE CHANNEL.