Pucks for Autism is an annual adult hockey tournament that raises awareness and funding for children and young adults impacted by autism. Hockey teams come together to participate in an adult men’s/coed or women’s weekend tournament.
Funding goes toward resources, programming, and educational tools that provide a more Autism friendly environment to help children and young adults in their development and to succeed in the classroom.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM SHAWN’S PODCAST
- 00:30 Background and info about his son Henry
- 02:50 Motivation for taking over Pucks for Autism
- 03:44 Size of PFA–grew from 16 teams to almost 50 teams
- 04:45 Upcoming events and opportunities
- 06:30 Best way to get people to participate
- 09:45 Costs of events $100/person
- 11:15 Fundraising process
- 12:30 SEDOL–Special Education District of Lake County
- 16:45 PFA Grant Program
- 21:15 Pucks for Autism over two weekends
- 23:45 Levels of hockey
- 26:15 What is involved with the weekend activities
- 28:30 Importance of social media to Pucks for Autism success
- 32:30 Growing Pucks for Autism and overcoming biggest challenge
- 39:00 Shawn as NHL Commissioner!!
For more information about Pucks for Autism and details on how to participate in some of their upcoming events, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit their social media page on Facebook or their website at https://sedolfoundation.org/pucks-for-autism/