Giveback Sports Founder Scott Ruprecht shares his insight into the use of customized and unique experiences to help non-profit organizations raise more money for their purposes. Listen as he sits down with our host Roy Kessel in Episode 30 of the Sports Philanthropy Podcast.
Scott is the head cheerleader and founder of Giveback Sports. Sports have always been a huge part of his life since he was a kid. Sports taught him winning and losing, discipline, persistence and going after opportunities. These lessons played a key role in his entrepreneur journey that began at the age of 27.
Giveback Sports is on a mission to provide remarkable experiences and custom travel packages to support nonprofits in their fundraising efforts. They don’t just offer high value, unparalleled travel packages; they provide experiences that have a genuine purpose – that help them give back and make a real impact in the community. Giveback donates a portion of profits on every sale to send underserved youth to live sporting events and support athletic programs in need. Through sports, they hope to give kids the chance to see their role models in action, fuel their passion for athletics, and bring a little more joy to their day.
HIGHLIGHTS OF SCOTT’S PODCAST
- 00:44 Background and start in the sports travel/event business
- 02:00 Start as a ticketing company and evolution into current model
- 03:45 College and early career experience
- 05:15 First packages he put together
- 06:30 How to select packages and what to offer
- 09:30 Handling compliance, registration and filings
- 14:00 Size of event needed to make experiences work
- 17;15 Issues with advertising trademarks in promoting events
- 19:30 Best use of raffles and fundraising strategies
- 25:00 Fee structure for their services
- 26:30 Struggles they observe for organizations
- 29:15 Importance of good auctioneers
- 31:05 Mobile bidding systems
- 39:00 Constant quest for new experiences