Join us for S5:EP15 of the Sports Philanthropy Podcast as Max Levitt, founder/executive director of Leveling the Playing Field sits down with our host Roy Kessel to talk about his vision for his company and future of the organization.
Mac Levitt, Executive Director and founder of Leveling the Playing Field, Inc., a nonprofit organization dedicated to increasing access to during and out of school time sports activities. We do this by providing completely free sports equipment to schools and youth programs working in under resourced communities across the United States and internationally.
As the Executive Director of Leveling the Playing Field he oversees the strategic plan, organizational initiatives, and the growth/development of the organization. They currently operate chapters in the Greater Washington area, Baltimore, MD and Philadelphia, PA where they distribute over $2M worth of equipment to over 500 programs every year. Since 2013, they have provided over 1,000 programs with a combined $7M+ of donated sports equipment.
HIGHLIGHTS OF Max’s PODCAST
- 00:00 Introduction
- 00:46 What are Max’s first sports memories
- 02:36 Max’s hockey career
- 03:48 What Max loved about sports
- 05:51 Leveling the Playing Field and how they can impact kids fun in sports
- 11:20 How did Max know he wanted to pursue this as a career
- 18:20 How Max started Leveling the Playing Field
- 25:00 How Max handles the distribution of sports equipment to kids
- 27:20 How are people able to acess this equipment through Leveling the Playing Field
- 32:35 How to reach Max and support Leveling the Playind Field
- 33:55 If Max Could Be Commissioner of Any Sport/What Changes He’d Make