Join us for S4:EP4 of the Sports Philanthropy Podcast as Ted Simons of the Patriot Golf Foundation sits down with our host Roy Kessel to discuss the role of the golf schools empowering veterans and the community.
Ted Simons started his career as the President of the Park City Ski Education Foundation. He is now the founder of Synergy Group Marketing and Executive Director and President of the Patriot Golf Foundation.
The Patriot Golf Foundation is a nonprofit organization that supports veterans and their families through golf. They run schools where they bring veterans and business leaders together to play golf. They work with qualifying veteran charity organizations to conduct these efforts.
HIGHLIGHTS OF TED’S PODCAST
- 00:00 Introductions
- 00:40 Ted’s Background & Beginnings of the Foundation
- 06:30 Giving Back to the Community Through Golf
- 13:40 Typical Day at the Golf School
- 16:30 It’s Not Just About Competition
- 23:15 Elevating the Bar & Being Effective
- 25:00 Donating Tickets to Veterans & How to Create Win-Win Situations
- 27:51 Hands-On Experience of the Foundation
- 33:00 Marketing Aspect
- 37:00 Conclusions
SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS AND WEBSITE