Join us for S3:EP9 of the Sports Philanthropy Podcast as Megan Bartlett, Founder, We Coach, sits down with our host, Roy Kessel, to discuss her drive to advocate for youth development and provide a positive experience for communities and how her history as a coach influenced who she is today.
Megan Bartlett established We Coach to support organizations committed to using sports to promote youth development and give coaches the tools they need to help kids succeed. At We Coach, she has co-created innovative coaching initiatives with Nike, built capacity for community based organizations, and has partnered with the Child Trauma Academy to make coaches more brain-aware. Prior to creating We Coach, she worked for 10 years at Up2Us Sports, where she created the first national coach training program to integrate trauma-informed practices into a sport context. Megan is the co-author of the book Re-Designing Youth Sports: Change the Game.
We Coach works with organizations that are serious about increasing their social impact through sport. Their team of experts helps integrate innovative practices from the fields of youth and community development into sports programs and strategies. We Coach offers practical solutions and resources for coaches and sports programs to ensure their athletes, students, or participants are getting the most out of their sport experience. They focus on three content areas: sports based youth development, trauma-informed sport, and girls in sport.
HIGHLIGHTS OF MEGAN’S PODCAST
- 00:55 Background
- 05:10 Getting Started With America Scores
- 09:50 Value of Coaches
- 13:40 Integrate Youth Development
- 15:00 Biggest Challenges Faced at Boston Scores
- 17:50 Number of Kids Served Per Year
- 19:35 Biggest Change in Landscape
- 22:10 Next Step for Megan After Boston Scores
- 27:00 How to Deal with Lack of In-Person Environment
- 30:00 How to Keep Kids Active During Uncertain Times
- 31:30 Sports Are a Positive Outlet
- 35:40 Sports Ability to Help Kids Heal
- 40:30 Megan’s Current Work
- 45:15 How to Support Megan
- 48:40 Megan as Commissioner of NWSL
SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS AND WEBSITE