WELCOME TO SEASON 3 OF THE SPORTS PHILANTHROPY PODCAST!!
Join us for S3:EP5 of the Sports Philanthropy Podcast as Aileen McManamon, Founder & Managing Partner, 5T Sports Group, sits down with our host, Roy Kessel, to discuss about sustainability, the environment and how the sports business industry continues to improve their focus on green initiatives.
Aileen is a former auto industry executive, Minor League Baseball GM and business strategy/marketing visionary who translates bold ideas to the bottom line. She works with Fortune 500 companies and professional sports leagues, teams and cities to create deeper, more impactful and ultimately profitable partnerships.
Her company, 5T Sports Group, is a certified B Corp centered on driving the change needed through one of the most powerful and uniting forces we have – the US $65Billion sports industry. She specializes in: Green Sports Practices, Diversity & Inclusion, and Fan Mobilization for Climate & Social Issues.
She is a native of Cleveland, Ohio and lives in Vancouver, BC with her husband and 2 sons. When Aileen is not working you can find her at the ballpark, the ski slope or on her bike.
5T is a global sports management firm and certified B Corp. 5T focuses on creating triple bottom line impact in the sports industry. They help professional teams, leagues and major events operate more efficiently, catalyze social impact in their communities. From “back-of-house” operations innovation to “front-of-house” fan engagement campaigns. They guide consumer brands to better leverage their sports partnerships for social impact. 5T also works with environmentally and socially responsible brands to bring their values forward through their sports partnerships.
HIGHLIGHTS OF AILEEN’S PODCAST
- 00:30 Background
- 03:50 Strategic Marketing Experience
- 06:00 Importance of enterprise software solutions
- 09:00 Understanding where sport had gaps
- 10:30 Launch of 5T Sports
- 13:30 Holistic approach–People, Planet, Profits-Triple Bottom Line
- 17:30 Redesigning systme of waste
- 21:00 Great interest in environmentability
- 25:00 Consumer value placed on good corporate behavior
- 27:00 Dealing with crises
- 33:30 Scientific factors and risks
- 37:40 Next three years
- 43:00 Aileen as Commissioner of MLB!
SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS AND WEBSITE