Join us for S3: EP19 of the Sports Philanthropy Podcast as Chris Lesner, Founder and CEO of Project World Impact, sits down with our host, Roy Kessel, to discuss helping non-profits around the world, starting his own business, and his desire to give back to the world.
Chris went through life always wanting to start his own business and while in college he started a marketing company. That same company grew during his college years and he worked with Fortune 500 companies, and generating millions of dollars of revenue before even graduating college. However, he became inspired by nonprofits and wanted to help them. He decided to leave his marketing company and apply his knowledge to a new business, Project World Impact, to help nonprofits gain more funding, volunteers, and visibility.
Project World Impact is the leading nonprofit hub providing innovative
ways for people to connect with and support nonprofits.
HIGHLIGHTS OF Chris’s PODCAST
- 00:48 Chris’s Background
- 02:40 What Helped Chris in Starting a Business
- 04:50 Challenges in Starting a Business
- 07:34 The Start of Project World Impact
- 09:37 Helping Nonprofits
- 11:37 Success Stories
- 14:37 Raising Funds
- 18:20 Nonprofits and Their Message
- 20:47 Managing a Nonprofit
- 24:37 Tips For Smaller Organizations
- 26:45 Chris’s Favorite Tool for Helping Nonprofits
- 28:35 Launching new software and wwitching Platforms
- 30:51 How to Help
- 32:26 Chris as Commissioner of the NFL
SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS AND WEBSITE