Welcome to Season 3 of the Sports Philanthropy Podcast!
Join us for S3:EP13 of the Sports Philanthropy Podcast as Aron Levinson, Baseball Humanitarian, sits down with our host, Roy Kessel, to discuss how he is “Making a Difference – 90 Miles Away” and fell in love with the game of baseball in a whole new light.
Aron is an accomplished startup to mid-cap executive with over 20 years of sales leadership, marketing, operations, turnaround, and general management success in cleantech, e-commerce, digital media, SaaS, and food production and distribution.
When not driving sales, margins, and building winning teams, Aron travels to Cuba. He uses baseball to build trusting relationships, break down barriers, help peloteros play the game they love, and make a positive social impact in the community.
In 2017, Aron coordinated a father/son baseball humanitarian trip to Cienfuegos, Cuba, for twelve Little League aged boys to play four games against Cuban youth baseball players. You can read and watch the journey here.
Aron holds a Bachelor’s in Journalism and Minor in Spanish from the University of Missouri-Columbia. He resides in Los Angeles with his wife and two high school-aged children. He enjoys playing baseball, humanitarian efforts in Cuba, guest lecturing at San Diego State University, mentoring college students in marketing and career path development, speaking Spanish and positively impacting the world.
HIGHLIGHTS OF ARON’S PODCAST
- 00:25 Introduction
- 01:05 Aron’s Background
- 04:15 Growing Up Loving the Game
- 07:15 Progression After Camp
- 09:05 Using the Power of Sport to Giveback
- 10:10 How to Be Part of the Solution
- 10:55 How Did Trip to Cuba Come About
- 12:25 Experience in Cuba
- 16:05 Opportunity to Work in the Community
- 21:30 The Need For Equipment
- 25:50 Handling Equipment Delivery
- 28:35 How to Find the Organizations that Need Equipment
- 31:45 Scale of Distribution
- 36:40 Commissioner of Little League Baseball
SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS