Chris McClellan from the Chicago Lions joins our host Roy Kessel on S2:EP7 of the Sports Philanthropy Podcast. Chris shares his insight into the growth of the Chicago Lions Rugby club and how they have expanded their operations to serve more organizations in the community.
The Chicago Lions have raised the funds to build their own facility in Chicago and are serving as a base for people who have never been exposed to rugby as well as other sports organizations that are seeking a state-of-the-art venue for their facilities.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM CHRIS MCCLELLAN’S PODCAST
- 00:30 Background on Chicago Lions Charitable Association
- 02:30 Competitive landscape of US Rugby
- 04:30 Chris’ background and education
- 06:00 Development of new facility and fundraising efforts
- 11:00 Goals for phase 2 of the project
- 14:30 New types of turf
- 19:00 Benefits of new generation of fields
- 20:00 Streams of revenue
- 26:00 Challenges of insurance coverage
- 28:30 Coaching structure of organization
- 31:00 Needs for growth or organization and facility
- 35:00 Scope of organization and number of kids served
For more information about the Chicago Lions Charitable Association, you can visit their website at www.ChicagoLions.com, visit their www.LionsForHopeSC.org or contact Chris McClellan.