Join us for S2:EP43 of the Sports Philanthropy Podcast as Bryan Zuzga, Director of Corporate Relations for Sports Philanthropy Network, sits down with our host, Roy Kessel, to discuss Bryan’s extensive career in the sports business industry, sponsorship experience and strategies for bringing sponsors to your events.
Combining his love for sports and helping the community is the combination that drew Bryan to the Sports Philanthropy Network. Bryan is a well-seasoned sports professional who has experience in a wide range of roles in the sports world.
Bryan’s experience includes leading a legal and licensing team for Arnold Palmer Worldwide; working for the Charlotte Hornets; running major golf events for the PGA, LPGA, and Senior Tour. Bryan was responsible for managing and executing sponsorships, marketing and promotions for the Oldsmobile Scramble, a national, amateur golf event. During his time at IMG, Bryan worked closely with athletes, and at Momentum Worldwide, he managed sponsorship sales and sponsor servicing for major corporate sponsors. Bryan got his start in the sports industry by working for a CBA basketball team in Grand Rapids, Michigan, a role that allowed him to get a full sampling of the opportunities in the sports business world.
Bryan’s well-rounded experience in protecting, promoting, managing, and partnering with major corporate brands, lends itself perfectly to creating growth opportunities and partnerships for the Sports Philanthropy Network to grow and fulfill its initiatives.
Bryan is a graduate of Aquinas College in Grand Rapids, MI and Thomas M. Cooley Law School in Lansing, MI. Bryan has three beautiful daughters.
We build STRONGER, HEALTHIER and MORE INCLUSIVE communities through sports.
The Sports Philanthropy Network spotlights the terrific work by athletes, teams, leagues and other sports organizations. The Sports Philanthropy Network’s mission to assist athletes, teams, leagues and other sports organizations harness the power of sports to do good things in their communities.
HIGHLIGHTS OF BRYAN’S PODCAST
- 00:30 Background
- 01:25 Experience in the sports business world, starting in CBA
- 03:30 Work with Charlotte Hornets
- 05:00 IMG and golf events
- 07:00 Oldsmobile Scramble
- 09:45 Spotter for the Charolotte Hornets
- 14:00 Oldsmobile Scramble and work with Momentum Worldwide
- 15:30 IMG work with the LPGA Tour
- 22:00 Sales and sponsorship
- 25:45 Importance of building relationships
- 27:30 Process for valuing sponsorship assets
- 33:00 Work with Arnold Palmer in legal and licensing
- 36:30 Bryan as Commission of National Cornhole Association
SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS AND WEBSITE
- Website: sportsphilanthropynetwork.org
- Facebook: @SportsPhilanthropy
- LinkedIn: Bryan Zuzga / Sports Philanthropy Network
- Instagram: @sportsphilanthropy
- Twitter: @SportsPhilanNet