Join us for S2:EP4 of the Sports Philanthropy Podcast as Jonny Imerman joins our host Roy Kessel. Jonny is the founder of Imerman Angels which has built an extensive network of cancer survivors that support and encourage those who have just received their diagnosis. Imerman Angels has provided extensive support to thousands of survivors and takes special steps to match the volunteers so that they similar experiences to those they are supporting.
Jonny recently launched ClozTalk with his brother so they could assist organizations with their branding efforts, while taking the pressure off of small organizations administrative infrastructure. ClozTalk handles the entire process so the organization can focus on building relationships.
HIGHLIGHTS OF JONNY’S PODCAST
- 00:30 Background of Imerman Angels launch in 2006
- 03:00 Jonny’s journey and battle
- 06:00 Transition of Imerman Angels role and staff growth
- 11:00 Importance of awareness in cancer community
- 18:00 ClozTalk background
- 26:00 Simplifying the message
- 29:00 How to get involved
- 34:00 Jonny as Commissioner of the NFL