David joined The First Tee of Southeast Wisconsin as executive director in 2017. In that role, he is responsible for strategic planning, financial development, program growth and more. Prior to The First Tee of Southeast Wisconsin, he worked for the Wisconsin State Golf Association as director of member services and communications.
He currently serves on two local nonprofit boards and is an active community volunteer.
David is a graduate of the University of Wisconsin – Madison and holds a master of sports administration degree from Ohio University.
HIGHLIGHTS OF DAVID’S PODCAST
- 00:30 Background and desire to work in sports
- 03:20 Ticket selling for the Milwaukee Bucks
- 06:00 U. of Wisconsin sales and marketing experience
- 10:00 Wisconsin PGA Jr. Tour
- 15:00 Wisconsin State Golf Association Tournament Director
- 18:00 Transition and attraction to First Tee
- 20:00 Ideal partnerships
- 26:00 Golf during COVID-19
- 30:30 Building values and core habits
- 38:00 Growing number of kids served
- 43:00 David as commissioner of golf