Sasha Altschuler joins our host Roy Kessel on S2:EP3 of the Sports Philanthropy Podcast to talk about her research on the current state of CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) in the world of sports. Sasha is the Senior Growth Account Manager for Everfi, working with their community engagement partners.
As Sasha completed her capstone project for the Sports Impact Leadership Program from John’s Hopkins, she put together an impressive and detailed presentation about the landscape of CSR in United States professional sports.
You can read Sasha’s capstone presentation here.
HIGHLIGHTS OF SASHA’S PODCAST
- 00:30 Background and experience in non-profit works
- 02:30 Focus of her work at Everfi and STEM hockey programs
- 05:00 Research on CSR for her capstone project
- 09:00 Obstacles to getting the best data
- 11:00 Importance of Data Visualization
- 14:00 Connection between CSR and brand awareness
- 15:45 Strategies being used at the league levels
- 18:00 Discussion of 5 trends in CSR
- 18:45 Trend 1 Sports CSR initiatives support core business objectives
- 20:30 Trend 2 CSR has strategic focus
- 22:00 Trend 3 The Rise of Authenticity and Transparency
- 23:00 Trend 4 Importance of Measurement
- 23:30 Trend 5 Increase in Corporate partnerships to achieve CSR goals
- 25:30 Room for improvement
- 30:00 Gaps and missing areas
- 32:30 Sasha as Commissioner of the NHL