Join us for S2:EP27 of the Sports Philanthropy Podcast as Samantha Rogers of Relate Social Capital sits down with our host, Roy Kessel, to discuss how her experience as an athlete and working in college sports led to her interest in sports philanthropy and her formation of Relate Social Capital.
A social capitalist using sport philanthropy as her vehicle of choice, Samantha is co-founder of Relate Social Capital, whose specialty is building – and implementing – revenue generating philanthropic programs that promote sustainability within the sport system.
From grassroots to pro sports, and everything in between, Samantha leads fund development and engagement initiatives within all levels of sport, as well as works alongside athletes and sports leaders, empowering them to use their status to impact their community.
Samantha also founded the Sport Philanthropy Collective – a global council dedicated to advancing sport philanthropy to support organizations and individuals using sport for good.
HIGHLIGHTS OF SAMANTHA’S PODCAST
- 00:30 Background as an athlete and working in college sports
- 03:00 Work at youth shelter
- 06:25 Raising money for college sports program
- 08:00 Motivation from a coach that passed away
- 11:30 Creation of Thank-a-thon
- 16:30 Relationships with donors
- 22:30 Move to Rowing Canada
- 26:00 Launch of Relate Social Capital
- 29:00 Sampling of her clients
- 33:00 Starting fundraising programs
- 40:00 Samantha as Commission of NHL
Website & Social Media Links: