Join us for Episode 2 of Season 2 of the Sports Philanthropy Podcast as our host Roy Kessel is joined by Bryce Weiler of the Beautiful Lives Project.
Bryce walks us through the work that he does with professional sports organizations to help them make their venues more accessible and comfortable for individuals with disabilities.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM BRYCE’S PODCAST
- 00:30 Background and disability due to detached retinas
- 02:30 Beginning of sports education and commentating
- 06:50 First foray into sports business
- 12:00 Usage rate of tickets for people with disabilities
- 16:00 Experience running events with non-profits
- 18:00 Challenges for people who are blind
- 20:00 How teams make mistakes trying to serve people with disabilities
- 25:00 Size of disabled population
- 28:00 Hosting braille nights at events
- 30:00 Teams objecting to costs.
For more information about Bryce or the Beautiful Lives Project, visit their website at www.BeautifulLives.org.