Jason Schraub is the VP of Partnerships and the Chief of Staff to the President of Operation HOPE. Jason appeared on our Podcast last year and you can hear his insight into the work that Operation HOPE does on that Episode.
This year, Jason is responding to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic and sits down with our host Roy Kessel on S2:EP14 of the Sports Philanthropy Podcast to take a closer look at how Operation HOPE is rallying support and responding to the crisis.
The needs are immense as Operation HOPE has 152 physical locations spread across 23 states. Their financial literacy training is critical to get these communities back up and running as quickly as possible.
Please listen to this special episode and see if you can Operation HOPE provide the emergency support that is needed.
- Call in number to volunteer—888-388-HOPE (4673)
- Website: www.HOPEinsideCOVID19.org
HIGHLIGHTS FROM JASON’S PODCAST
- 00:30 Background of role at Operation HOPOE
- 03:30 Staying around after the disaster
- 05:30 Impact on small business owners
- 08:00 Economic stimulus checks and how to deploy the funds
- 12:00 Impact of Social Distancing
- 14:30 Impact on difference types of businesses
- 16:20 Model viability in this environment and best way to pivot
- 17:30 Availability of grants to solve the challenges
- 20:00 Rescheduling and restructuring of Hope Global Forum
- 25:00 Importance of adapting to the new challenges
- 27:30 Number of people served each year
- 29:00 Need for coaches, volunteers and others
- 33:00 Expecting to serve 110,000 per month
- 36:00 Training program for volunteers