Join us as Ceil Folz, CFC Collective sits down with our host Roy Kessel on S2:EP11 of the Sports Philanthropy Podcast to talk about her work in the #SportsPhilanthropy world and how her experience influenced her passion to help so many organizations.
Ceil is the CEO of CFC Collective, former CEO of Vail Valley Foundation. She served as President of the 2015 World Alpine Ski Championships, CEO of the Youth Foundation. Ceil has worked with nonprofits, sports organizations, high net worth individuals and companies and corporations around the globe.
Ceil has garnered a reputation over the past 25 years as a dynamic executive who sees what’s possible, engages others in the vision and builds and leads high performing teams to execute with excellence and enthusiasm. A results-oriented leader, having delivered on operational and financial goals that took the prestigious Vail Valley Foundation to record levels of growth and global recognition. Adept at managing complex, large-scale world-class strategic initiatives, Ceil leverages outstanding communication and relationship skills to cultivate high yield partnerships. She has been called one of the most strategically minded leaders in the nonprofit space. She uses her expertise in raising major funding from individuals and corporations, to achieve financial targets for her clients by blending strategic vision, tactical execution, and disciplined leadership with a fearlessness and a passion for excellence to deliver results.
Ceil’s strengths are: Strategic, Achiever and Activator. She identifies the steps our team will take to make the greatest possible impact. She is motivated by results and takes a 30,000-foot view of an organization, its revenue goals and its leadership to identify the right strategy for moving forward.
HIGHLIGHTS OF CEIL’S PODCAST
- 00:30 Background and experience
- 04:00 Experience with Vail Valley Foundation (VVF)
- 05:30 Size and growth of VVF
- 10:00 Staffing and event management
- 14:00 Crossover from sponsorship to donor management
- 17:00 Building relationships with donors
- 21:00 Concept to start CFC
- 25:00 Intrigue of raising money
- 29:00 How the Collective functions
- 32:00 Process of handling work for the Collective
- 35:00 Client selection process
- 38:00 Challenges in dealing with difficult clients
- 41:00 Building alliances and relationships with Board of Directors
For more information about Ceil and her team, visit the website for CFC Collective at www.cfccollective.com.