Listen to Episode 28 as Peter Stein, Director of Partnerships for Players for the Planet sits down with our host Roy Kessel to talk about how many of today’s athletes are seeking to make an impact on the environment.
Players for the Planet tries to make measurable transformation on the earth using the influence of professional athletes and bills itself as “Athletes United for Global Change.”
Peter is also the CEO of SporTech Ventures based out of NYC where he runs the “Turn Two Equity Partners” Fund.
HIGHLIGHTS OF PETER’S PODCAST
- 00:30 Peter’s background including sports, business and technology
- 01:50 Chris Dickerson, founder of Players for the Planet
- 02:45 Business background that led him to focus on sports, entertainment and media
- 05:13 Baseball fund “Turn Two Equity Partners”
- 08:00 Players for the Planet background and history
- 17:45 Areas of focus of work with major league players
- 20:45 LEED Certifications
- 22:00 Ways to use athlete platform to make an impact
- 23:30 Evaluating ways to maximize impact
- 2615 Main threats to the environment
- 31:00 Strategies to drive change
- 35:30 How Amazon has created expedited expectations increasing waste
- 38:00 Peter taking charge as Commissioner of Baseball
Take a look at the great work being done by Players for the Planet on their website at www.playersfortheplanet.com.