Listen to this week’s Podcast as our guests Michelle Mays and Alycia Powell, Founders of Champions for Philanthropy sit down with our host Roy Kessel to discuss their work with athlete foundation and their upcoming Most Valuable Philanthropist event.
In their work, Alycia and Michelle help the organizations get off the ground, create new programs and identify the best way that they can make an impact in their community.
One of their big initiatives is their “Most Valuable Philanthropist” series which they launched at Super Bowl 53 in Atlanta. You can read more about that event here.
Listen below as they share stories about their favorite programs, their start in the industry and their passion for sports philanthropy.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE KEY POINTS FROM THE PODCAST:
- 00:50 Michelle’s background
- 01:52 Alycia’s background
- 05:10 Shared passion to help others
- 05:50 Strategic plan development with athletes
- 07:50 Dealing with the team around the athletes
- 09:20 Services handled by Champions for Philanthropy
- 13:30 How they handle the initial meeting with the athlete
- 16:20 Different challenges working with current players vs. former players
- 19:20 Focus on compliance, programming and charitable initiatives
- 20:10 Alycia’s favorite initiatives
- 22:30 Michelle’s favorite initiatives
- 26:40 Athlete’s as role models
- 29:10 Social Justice
- 32:15 Voting restrictions
- 38:00 Most Valuable Philanthropist Awards
- 40:10 For which sport would they want to serve as Commissioner?
For more information about Champions for Philanthropy, take a look at their website at www.ChampionsForPhilanthropy.org. Let Michelle and Alycia know that you enjoyed their podcast and I am sure that they would be happy to take great care of you!!.