Join us for S4:EP13 of the Legacy After the Locker Room Podcast as Randy Grimes joins host Kayla Bradham to talk about his journey in overcoming addiction and share information from his new book.
In 2012, out of a desire to help other struggling athletes that he played with and against, Randy launched “Athletes in Recovery” a program that is designed to help athletes of all levels find treatment for addiction while offering continued support for those already in recovery.
Due to the success of Athletes in Recovery, Randy Grimes has partnered with the following organizations to bring further awareness and treatment services to professional athletes and their families:
- National Football League (NFL)
- Major League Baseball
- Gridiron Greats
- After The Impact Fund Jockeys’ Guild
- Tulane University Sports Program,
- NFLPA Former Player Services FPSD
- NFL Alumni Association
- Motor Sports Safety Group
As a result of these partnerships, hundreds of former professional athletes and their families have been treated. Randy’s passion for helping others does not end with athletes. He is committed to helping numerous families find balance and peace of mind by getting their addicted loved ones the help they need for their drug and alcohol addiction.
Randy has performed countless interventions all over the country and has brought hope and healing back to families when it seemed all hope was lost. His Never Give Up attitude translates from the gridiron to his recovery.
HIGHLIGHTS OF RANDY’S PODCAST
- 00:00 Introduction
- 00:35 Everything Was About Football
- 03:38 How Did That Playing Career Affect You?
- 06:50 Dugout Mugs (Use Code Kayla30) and SportsPhilanthropyNetwork.org
- 07:40 Painkillers and The Effects
- 10:34 Family Relationship
- 11:52 How Many Times Did He Try To Quit?
- 12:52 Stigma Around Substance Abuse and Addiction
- 15:11 The Hero Of His Story
- 16:47 Lydia Is Different
- 17:53 Why Did Lydia Stay?
- 20:26 Boundaries in Marriage Bible Series
- 21:09 Counselings and Facing The Stigma
- 22:17 How Did The Kids Handle It?
- 24:03 AA.org
- 24:28 The Book: Off Center
- 27:25 Find His Websites Down Below
- 28:14 Substance Abuse and Mental Health Hotline 1-800-662-4357
- 28:33 Athletes In Recovery
- 30:15 Suicide Prevention Hotline 1-800-273-9255
- 31:06 Autograph Donation
- 31:31 Wisdom and Advice
- 32:43 Socials and Websites (All Linked Below!)
SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS AND WEBSITE