Join us for S3:EP15 of the Legacy After the Locker Room Podcast as Michael Moon Thompson, former NFL athlete sits down with our host Kayla Bradham to talk about the lessons he’s learned in a hard-knock life. Michael’s story is truly one of redemption that is creating hope and possibility.
Micheal serves as the Director of the Uncle Pigskin Foundation, a (501C3) nonprofit foundation that promotes racial healing by providing single-parent and at-risk high school athletes with dedicated “Aunts’ and “Uncles” (more than a mentor) to give academic, emotional, financial and lifestyle assistance from the first day of freshman year through graduation and beyond.
HIGHLIGHTS OF MICHAEL’S PODCAST
- 00:00 Introduction
- 00:25 Michael Playing Sports Growing Up
- 04:45 What Michael’s College Selection Looked Like
- 26:30 Confirming Michael’s Words
- 27:00 Announcements
- 28:00 Uncle Pigskin
- 39:15 Kayla’s Response to Michael’s Story
- 41:15 Do The Right Thing, Make The Right Choices, Learn From Me
- 52:25 Autograph Donation
- 53:40 Michael’s Message to Others
- 55:55 Parting Words
SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS AND WEBSITE
- Instagram: @michael_moon66