Join us for S4:EP34 of the Legacy After the Locker Room Podcast as Pro-Bowl NFL alumni, Kyle Turley joins host Kayla Bradham to discuss creating hope and possibility for athletes who have suffered from playing in the NFL!
NFL Legend, Kyle Turley is best remembered by fans for ripping off a player’s helmet and tossing it downfield in 2001 — earning a ton of respect by Saints fans for defending his QB!
After playing for NINE years in the League, Kyle now walks with a cane.
Not only is Kyle rocking it with his own record label, but he’s also working hard to create hope and possibility for athletes who have been affected by player health issues. He is outspoken and involved in a number of player health issues, particularly due to the neurological problems that resulted from his football career (early onset #Alzheimer‘s, #CTE symptomatic, #seizures, #vertigo) and his use of #cannabis as treatment.
Turley is a past board member and active supporter of the Gridiron Greats Assistance Fund, an organization providing medical care and other forms of assistance to retired NFL players in dire need.
HIGHLIGHTS OF KYLE’S PODCAST
- 00:00 Introduction
- 00:33 Sports in Kyle’s household as a kid
- 4:50. Kyle’s highlights of his NFL journey
- 6:08 Shouting out coach Ditka and talking about. the Gridiron Greats
- 8:50 Kyle’s passion for music and how it has helped. him
- 13:00 Kyle’s passion for player health and safety
- 25:42 Sponsor shoutout: Dugout Mugs, use code Kayla30 for 30% off
- 26:30 How to help players who have struggled with CTE and concussions in sports
- 34:30 How Kyle has transitioned his focus to his family
- 38:20 Partnering with Kayla for Special Olympics
- 39:20 Kyles parting words of wisdom
SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS AND WEBSITE
- LinkedIn: Kyle Turley