Join us for S4:EP32 of the Legacy After the Locker Room Podcast as John Grahame, former NHL goaltender and 2004 Stanley Cup champion, joins host Kayla Bradham to discuss his transition from athletics into the business world, and what he was able to take away from that!
John earned outstanding achievements during his 14-year career as a hockey player for the Bruins, Lightning, and Hurricanes — including the tremendous honor of being selected as a member of the USA Olympic Hockey Team in Torino, Italy in 2006.
After his NHL career, Grahame transitioned into the business world by becoming the VP of Business Development for TriWorth. He was promoted to Managing Director and his immediate impact was recognized by the Denver Business Journal as one of the top “40 under 40 Award Recipients” as they honored Denver’s young, dynamic and up-and-coming business visionaries.
HIGHLIGHTS OF JOHN’S PODCAST
- 00:00 Introduction
- 00:20 What hockey and sports looked like in the Grahame household
- 1:47 John’s mom’s name on the Stanley Cup
- 3:28 What did John’s process of recruitment into the NHL look like
- 7:25 What team did John have his best experience with
- 9:30 John’s favorite coaches and what he learned from them
- 11:30 How many years did John play professional hockey
- 12:05 What retirement from hockey looked like for John
- 13:45 Sponsor Shoutout: Dugout Mugs use code Kayla30 for 30% off
- 15:05 After retirement how did John figure out what he wanted to do
- 21:30 How to get in contact with John
- 22:25 What jobs John is best at
- 26:30 What charities John is passionate about
- John’s words of wisdom and final thoughts
SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS AND WEBSITE