Join us for S4:EP24 of the Legacy After the Locker Room Podcast as Ryan Yarborough, NFL Alumni and author of the book, Believe So You Can Achieve!, sits down with Kayla Bradham to discuss what motivated him to write his book and why you should read it too!
Ryan is a former NFL Wide Receiver, Author, and Business Consultant Ryan Yarborough uses his on-the-field experience to help individuals and small businesses gain exposure through strategic business planning.
In 2019, Ryan published his first book, ‘Believe So You Can Achieve!’ – a strategic and inspirational guide to help others heal themselves from the inside out.
Prior to launching his consulting business, Ryan played for four years in the NFL, for the New York Jets and the Baltimore Ravens. Ryan was a two-time All-American at the University of Wyoming. He finished his collegiate career as the nation’s leader in receiving yards, most 200-yard receiving games, and most games catching a touchdown pass. He remains as Wyoming’s career touchdown-receiving leader. In 2003, Ryan was inducted into the University of Wyoming Athletics Hall of Fame.
Ryan served as the Secretary on the Houston-area Former NFLPA Players Board. Ryan’s passion for the community and mentoring led him to contribute to such causes as The United Way, Meals on Wheels, and M.A.A.D., to name a few. Currently, Ryan has a podcast/talk show called ‘Yarborough Sports Show’ on BossUp Houston Network. He is also the Sports Director of programming for BossUp Houston Network.
HIGHLIGHTS OF RYAN’S PODCAST
- 00:00 Introduction
- 00:32 Ryan’s young life and motivation behind his book
- 4:17 Ryan’s college experience
- 8:05 Transfer portal and NIL talk
- 11:15 thanking LALR community and future interview
- 12:15 Ryan’s NFL career and talk
- 14:30 Shoutout to sponsor
- 15:14 Inspiration behind Ryan’s book
- 20:13 The biggest piece of advice from Ryan’s book
- 23:30 Kayla’s advice to parents
- 25:30 Where to find Ryan’s book
- 26:36 Ryan’s experience with helping kids and more advice
- 28:55 Ryan’s work in the community
- 30:10 Ryan’s last thank you’s and podcast wrap-up
SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS AND WEBSITE