Join us for S4:EP14 of the Legacy After the Locker Room Podcast as Green Bay Packers DE Michael Montgomery joins Kayla to talk about his charity of choice, #HeartDisease.
Coming from personal experience, Michael is a survivor of a near-death experience from unknown congenital heart disease. Michael has volunteered countless hours towards charities & community service as well as breaking ground to develop a foundation to promote awareness and support as well as facilitating access to heart screenings for communities across the country.
We will also discuss Michael’s podcast: UNDEFEATED. Each week Michael speaks with athletes, authors, actors, celebrities, and entrepreneurs to break down, analyze and discuss ways to overcome adversity, build wealth, and be successful.
Michael Lewis Montgomery, II ( 08/18/1983) is a former gridiron football defensive end. Drafted by the Green Bay Packers in the sixth round of the 2005 NFL Draft, he came out of Texas A&M University.
He is an amazing man who is working hard to create hope and possibility for others and we look forward to seeing him again tonight!
*Fun Fact: His dad is a Pastor and his mom is Rosie Walker, a member of the 2001 Women’s Basketball Hall Of Fame class!
HIGHLIGHTS OF MICHAEL’S PODCAST
- 00:00 Introduction
- 01:05 What Sports Looked like Growing up
- 02:20 Junior College To Texas A&M0
- 6:02 How Tall is Michael?
- 06:52 Heart Problem
- 09:32 Green Bay Packers
- 12:25 Get Good Grades And Go To A Good School
- 13:40 Shout Out To Scott Brown
- 14:40 Transition To The Real World
- 17:20 Dugout Mugs (Use Code Kayla30) and SportsphilanthropyNetwork.org
- 18:11 Best Coaches He Ever Had
- 19:45 Undefeated Podcast (Apple Podcasts And Youtube)
- 21:20 Guests Who Have Stood Out To Him
- 23:59 Follow Him On His Socials (All Linked Down Below!)
- 25:00 Autograph Donation
- 25:21 Words Of Wisdom
- 27:27 What Are His Goals
- 27:55 Foundation He Is Creating
SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS AND WEBSITE
- Podcast: Undefeated with Michael Montgomery
- LinkedIn: Michael Montgomery II
- Instagram: Iam96gb
- Twitter: @Iam96gb