Join us for S3:EP9 of the Legacy After the Locker Room Podcast as Walter Thurmond III, former NFL athlete sits down with our host Kayla Bradham to discuss his career path in sports, entertainment, technology, and philanthropy.
A graduate from the University of Oregon, Thurmond III has spent his post-collegiate career in sports, entertainment, technology, and philanthropy. A former 6-year NFL Veteran and Super Bowl Champion of the Seattle Seahawks, it didn’t take long for him to dive into his many interests. Throughout his playing career, Walter has produced seven feature-length film and documentary projects. Additionally, through his creativity he has developed emerging technologies, holding several software and hardware technology patents.
Since retiring from the NFL, Thurmond III has created a non-profit called The United Champions for Change, an organization that is dedicated to providing educational resources, programming, mentorship, and sports training to underserved communities around the world.
HIGHLIGHTS OF WALTER’S PODCAST
- 00:00 Introduction
- 02:10 Playing Football & Running Track in College
- 03:45 Drafted by the Seattle Seahawks
- 05:30 Favorite Moment of Super Bowl XLVIII
- 06:35 Preparation
- 08:45 How Did Walter Choose I.T.?
- 10:25 Fillmmaking Experience
- 11:35 Work Within Technology
- 12:45 Advice to Kids Wanting to Get Involved in I.T.
- 15:15 Walter’s Philanthropic Endeavors
- 24:05 Advice For Athletes Who Want to Give Back
- 26:55 People That Influenced Walter the Most
- 27:55 Walter’s Five Year Plans
- 29:15 Connect and Follow Walter
- 30:00 Parting Words
SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS AND WEBSITE