Join us for S3:EP8 of the Legacy After the Locker Room Podcast as Marques Ogden, former NFL athlete sits down with our host Kayla Bradham to discuss his career post-NFL and his insight on leadership and marketing.
Growing up in a single-parent home with a father that inspired perseverance and fairness, Marques Ogden learned how to define his values and set goals. Ogden attended Howard University from 1998-2002 where he played Division I football. He then followed his dream and his brother Jonathan’s footsteps, eventually getting drafted into the NFL in 2003. Overall, he played for 5 years as an offensive lineman with the Titans, Bills, Ravens, and Jaguars. Even during the off-season, Ogden helped train football players in Europe, both physically and mentally.
HIGHLIGHTS OF MARQUES’S PODCAST
- 00:00 Introduction
- 00:25 Playing Sports as a Kid
- 02:10 Marques’ NFL Experience
- 04:55 Navigating Career Path After the NFL
- 08:45 Marques’ Take on Leadership
- 11:45 What Inspired Marques to Write His Two Books?
- 13:55 Approach to Addressing Important Issues
- 17:15 Branding Yourself
- 21:10 SEO and Creating Engagement
- 23:20 Connect With Marques
- 24:55 How Did Marques’ Experiences Shape Him into the Man He is Today?
- 27:20 Parting Words and Thank Yous
SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS AND WEBSITE