Join us for S3:EP12 of the Legacy After the Locker Room Podcast as Sam Hill, former NBA player sits down with our host Kayla Bradham to discuss his path to playing basketball, how sports are used to create hope and possibility for youth, and the incredible work he is doing within the community.
For over 6 years, Sam Hill served as a professional basketball player. In 1987, Sam was a high draft pick by the NBA Dallas Mavericks. During his off-summer seasons, he co-founded “Hill’s Shoot Your Best Shot” a basketball camp that created positive reinforcement of education and sports in the inner-city youth.
Sam Hill has been the Executive Director of the Boys & Girls Club of Michigan City, Indiana. During his career, he co-founded the 1st annual “3 on 3 by the Lake”, which turned out to be the most successful tournament of its kind. From his experiences, Sam was inspired, and has become active in launching an awareness program -“Use Sports. Don’t Let Sports Use You”.
HIGHLIGHTS OF SAM’S PODCAST
- 00:00 Introduction
- 00:35 Sam’s Entry into Sports
- 06:15 Playing in the NBA v. Overseas
- 08:20 “Use Sports. Don’t Let Sports Use You”
- 11:05 Sam’s Transition into Retirement
- 19:00 How Did Covid-19 Effect the Youth?
- 22:55 Insight on Leadership
- 27:10 Sam’s Basketball Showcase
- 31:00 Closing Thoughts & Thank Yous
SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS AND WEBSITE
- LinkedIn: Sam Hill