Join us for S2:EP9 of the Legacy After the Locker Room Podcast as Lenny Rufati, a Pro Middleweight MMA fighter, sits down with our host Kayla Bradham, to discuss creating hope and possibility through sports.
Mixed martial arts (MMA) is a full-contact combat sport that allows a wide variety of fighting techniques and skills from a mixture of other combat sports to be used in competition. The rules allow usage of both striking and grappling techniques while standing and on the ground. Competitions allow athletes of different backgrounds to compete.
HIGHLIGHTS OF LENNY’S PODCAST
- 00:00 Introduction
- 00:40 How Did Lenny Fall in Love with MMA
- 02:15 Advice on Getting Healthy
- 04:20 MMA Career in Milwaukee
- 06:50 Impact of Covid-19 on MMA
- 07:55 Lenny’s Shoutouts
- 09:15 Meaning of the Albania Flag
- 10:25 Lenny’s Social Platforms
- 11:25 Transgender Athletes in Sports
- 16:15 At What Cost is the Money Worth It?
- 17:10 Athlete’s Safety
- 18:35 Milwaukee’s City Champs Foundation
- 19:00 Children’s Safety in MMA
- 20:25 Lenny’s Dream Opponent
- 21:00 Lenny’s Favorite Fight
- 22:25 Shoutouts to His Supporters
- 26:50 Lenny’s Fight – March 27, 2021
- 28:55 Words of Wisdom
SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS AND WEBSITE