Join us for S2:EP18 of the Legacy After the Locker Room Podcast as Rob Carpenter, a former NFL athlete sits down with our host Kayla Bradham, to discuss how his group is creating equity and sports access for inner-city youth through the Up2Us Sports program.
HIGHLIGHTS OF ROB’S PODCAST
- 00:00 Introduction
- 00:40 Football As A Child
- 01:50 Going on Scholarship
- 04:05 Advice to High School Students
- 05:15 Graduated From Syracuse University to Play In The NFL
- 07:15 Playing For The NY Jets
- 08:35 Announcements
- 08:45 Was Rob Ready to Be Done Playing After Six Years in the NFL?
- 11:35 Rob’s Career Aspirations
- 12:35 Current Work In The Community
- 18:00 How Can People Help/Support?
- 21:35 Follow Rob on Instagram
- 22:05 Challenges
- 24:45 Needing & Using More Resources
- 27:40 Targeting Girl’s in Sports
- 29:20 Donation to Special Olympics
- 30:00 Parting Words of Wisdom
SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS AND WEBSITE